Yet another day

I thought about what I should write about next. And guess what? I've got nothing. It seems that my life doesn't have all those exciting moments it had when I was a kid. Man, back then I could have talked for hours about anything. Life was great, no worries, no work. The only problem I had to make a decision on was what game I should play next. Ahhh, those were the times. And look at me now! I sound like an old man, all nostalgic and I'm not even 24 years old.

But the reason I'm talking about this is of what happened this morning. I woke up all grumpy and with no mood to go to work. Mind that I'm supposed to get to work at 9 am. I usually wake up around 8:30 sometimes even 9, and get to work around 9:30. But the boss is OK and it isn't actually someone or something that requires me to be there at a certain hour. Anyway, today I got up around 8:45 and I immediately noticed it was a bit colder than usual. I started getting dressed, I now remember I forgot to wash my face, I never take a shower (in the morning, I mean). I grabbed a cup of coffee and I headed towards the window. It was all white. At first I thought it was because of the difference in heat and I tried like an idiot to wipe it clean. That until my eyes started to open up a bit more and I realized that the entire hill in front of my apartment is covered in snow. A beautiful white coat all over the almost whithered grass. The trees carried a pretty decent weight on their branches and the cars could barely be seen (those that were left anyway, the lazy ones I mean).

At that point I felt like I was a five year old kid all over again. I really felt like it was winter, not just a grumpy and cold season. You see, for me and I'm sure that others feel the same way, winter is just not the same if there is no snow. Now I can get in all that holiday spirit, enjoy Christmas and New Year's Eve. That didn't last very long. The damn Sun came up and the snow began to melt. Now it's just like autumn all over again. Damn it. I just hope there will be snow for the holidays, unlike last year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment