Time to write about something, anything

I planned to write a post all day but never had the time to do it. I had a lot of work to do today. One of the main things that took up my time was to find a Adobe Flash application that replicates those cool Apple / Mac image slide shows. You know, the ones with the gloss and the mirror effect. I needed one to implement it on a website, but none would provide me with that cool effect. Actually there were a few, but I needed a freeware or open source application. I eventually found one that uses AJAX instead and a lot of images. Although it was nice and had a nice transition effect, it was very slow on the computer I've tried it on. So I'm still on the lookout for a cool free nice looking slideshow thingy. If anyone knows one that meets these requirements, please drop a link.

After I was done with searching the web I decided to check my RSS feed reader just to see what others have been up to. I've recently decided to switch to Google Reader just to have all my feeds in one place and online . This way I won't lose any of them if I happen to reinstall my operating system. I took that decision because of something that happened to me a few days ago. I had to reinstall my Windows XP because it was too old I guess and was beginning to choke on simple tasks like booting. And in the process I forgot to save or backup my Firefox bookmarks. It isn't the first time this is happening to me. And this really frustrates me. On the same note, my bookmarks are now managed by Google Bookmarks. So adding things up, I'm using several products from Google: the Blogger blog, the bookmarking service, the Gmail email, the Google Reader, iGoogle as homepage of course, Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Google AdSense and FeedBurner. Oh and let's not forget Google Earth, Maps and YouTube. All in all, I have to say I'm a pretty good fan of the things these guys have released or purchased and promoted. One of the things I'm trying to quit that's related to them is Firefox. Don't get me wrong. I love that browser. Since it was released it has become my number one software favorite. But as all good thing, it has a few bad habits as well. Some of which have forced me to switch to Flock. The good thing about Flock is the fact that it's based on Firefox and supports several of it's add-ons. But the best thing about it is that, from what I've learned or heard on the Internet, they have solved that infamous CPU hogging that Firefox had. I'm still not sure yet. I haven't had any problems so far, but who knows.

Anyways, I was saying about the fact that I went on reading the RSS feeds I'm subscribed to. One thing popped up right away: I need to subscribe to some feeds that are not in the too(?) crowded niche of "make money online". I guess I've read today about two dozen posts on how to increase your feed subscribers, how to make money with different programs, how to optimize your layout and who knows what other things. I normally don't mind that as it interests me, but today I wasn't in the mood. I started reading quite a few just so I won't miss anything. But then I got bored and I marked them all as read. These are some days when you have the need to do something different. I'm not sure what I'll be doing today as it's almost 10 PM, but I'm sure I won't be reading any more blog posts.

On another plane of thought (I'm not even sure what that means, if it means anything at all) I took another design decision. I decided to add more media to my posts, just to add a little bit of color to the overall look of The Yoboo. I noticed that people are doing it very often and it does indeed make things look a lot nicer than a page full of text. I don't know why I didn't do that earlier. I guess I'll start with this post and I hope I'll keep on doing it in the future. With that in mind, now I need to find a few nice and free image collections. Do you know any?

0 comments:

Post a Comment